Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News - Your source for latest celebrity scandals, Hollywood gossip, Celebrity News, celebrity photos, entertainment news, movies and videos of your favorite stars and celebrities.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Lady Gaga in Somarta

I traveled as far as to Japan to meet some of the designers whose creations Gaga wore at Music Station TV.

Virtually as always but it wasn’t less exciting because of that. And as always, I have many exclusive news to share with you.

My dear Genie… are you ready? I’ve been a good girl… a very very good good girl, honey…

The mind blowing black “Second Skin” lace bodysuit literally showered with crystals…

… belongs to SOMARTA AW ‘07 collection called “Protean” (the word refers to an everchaning form).

SOMARTA was launched back in 2007 by Japanese designer Tamae HIROKAWA, well known for her conceptual approach, the level of detail put into each design and the cross pollination of different fabric techniques.

Gaga’s black “Second Skin” is a part of SOMARTA skin series â€" a conceptual research into new body clothing possibilities.

“The piece is made of a seamless knitted synthetic fiber. Fitted by hand and adorned with 20 thousands (!) Swarovski crystal beads. It takes approximately 5 moth to complete a suit like this one”.

Look at this delicate beauty. Astonishing. Mesmerising. Breathtaking.

Oh my dear God!

I was staring at the photos for a while trying to imagine myself applying 20 thousands crystals… One by one. What a wooork! 

While you wait for me to finish the next chapter of my Japanese fashion mission, I invite you guys to travel back in time with me and join the Tokyo Fashion Week presentation of SOMARTA AW ‘07 Protean collection. 1st part and 2nd part.

Fashion credits: Nicola Formichetti
Photos vía: Somarta



Powered by WizardRSS | Donate to WizardRSS

No comments:

Post a Comment