Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News - Your source for latest celebrity scandals, Hollywood gossip, Celebrity News, celebrity photos, entertainment news, movies and videos of your favorite stars and celebrities.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Alyssa Milano Owns Her Inner Geekiness

Alyssa Milano pictures Romantically Challenged ABC

Alyssa Milano said she can relate to her character in her new sitcom, 'Romantically Challenged,' which premieres tonight on ABC. She describes her new show this way to Entertainment Weekly:

...Friends for the Facebook and Twitter generation. "It's edgy and real and about a group of friends who are functional and awesome when they're together, but outside of their circle, they're socially inept," she says.

Alyssa's character is a lawyer and single mother to a 15-year-old who's re-entering the dating scene. She said she could draw on her personal experience for this role.

My bad dating? [Laughs] Yeah, I was a really bad dater to the extent that I hated doing it so much that I’d just jump into relationships. I’d just skip that whole dating part, which of course, never worked.

I got married in August, and I married my best friend [Hollywood agent David Bugliari]. Lucky for me that I never had to date him, because I don’t think it would have lasted. [Laughs] He already accepted my quirkiness.

My character is coming out of a 15-year marriage, so there are differences between her and I, but ultimately, I can totally relate to being terrified to get out there and being not good at it.

Alyssa also said that if the show continues, her character is likely to get more of own geekiness.

I don't remember how [my geekiness] started, but it's been going on forever: If I'm in an awkward social situation and there's music playing, I'll bust into the robot. I don't know what it is. It makes me feel better.

The robot! LOL

Alyssa says her character "owns her awkwardness."

She doesn't try to be anything than who she is, which is awkward. She never had to be anything else.

Alyssa Milano pictures Romantically Challenged ABC Alyssa Milano pictures Romantically Challenged ABC Alyssa Milano pictures Romantically Challenged ABC Alyssa Milano pictures Romantically Challenged ABC Alyssa Milano pictures Romantically Challenged ABC Alyssa Milano pictures Romantically Challenged ABC Alyssa Milano pictures Romantically Challenged ABC Alyssa Milano pictures Romantically Challenged ABC

No comments:

Post a Comment