Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News - Your source for latest celebrity scandals, Hollywood gossip, Celebrity News, celebrity photos, entertainment news, movies and videos of your favorite stars and celebrities.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Prince William & Catherine are officially married (video, photos & The Kiss)

Prince William & Catherine are officially married (video, photos & The Kiss)

royal_weddiing_kate_william_1_wenn3315827

We’re now waiting for the kiss. According to the royal program, The Kiss should be happening around 8:25 EST. God, this has already been a long morning, right? Anyway, while we’re waiting for The Kiss - which will probably be timed perfectly with a flyover from some military planes - let’s discuss the general vibe we got from the wedding and everything. You can see the kiss on MSNBC live feed here:

UPDATE: Here’s the first kiss, for those who missed it!

I was increasingly impressed with how poised and NOT anxious Kate (Catherine, HRH The Duchess of Cambridge) was. She bordered on… extremely confident, I thought. Meanwhile, I got the feeling that William was a little bit of wreck. He seemed very nervous at times. I got the impression that Kate was super-coached, she knew all of her marks, she had practiced a lot, and she wanted to make sure she wasn’t going to mess up at all. My biggest complaint about Kate was that her makeup was hideous - she really, really should not have done it herself. My biggest complaint about William was that he really should have… I don’t know, been more together. He looked anxious, and he seemed… unprofessional when he and his brother were cracking jokes.

Stuff I liked: I liked that the vows were quick and simple. I liked how Pippa behaved… very courteous to her sister, respectful of the gown. I thought the father of the bride performed his duties beautifully, and I enjoyed seeing Carole Middleton looking subdued and emotional. I thought the wedding managed to have a very intimate feel, which is what they were going for.

So… who wants to read body language? I think Kate’s body language says “I got this, bitches!” And she did get it, all of it, and she has every right to tell me and everyone else to suck it.

Here’s video of the vows:

UPDATE: Here are some high and low-quality kiss photos. My favorite part is the little girl who is TOTALLY OVER THIS JUNK. Go ahead and feel free to “caption” the little girl’s thoughts.

royal_wedding_balcony_1_wenn3315950

kiss1

kiss2

royal_wedding_balcony_3_wenn3315952

royal_wedding_mall_departures_1_wenn3315828

kate_arriving_11_wenn3315790

kate_arriving_09_wenn3315710

kate_arriving_10_wenn3315789

william_harry_arrive_3_wenn3315581

kate_arriving_06_wenn3315785

kete_william_depart_1_wenn3315850

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Written by Kaiser

Share

Posted in Kate Middleton, Prince William, Royal Wedding


- Tons of photos of the Royal Wedding Ceremony [Popsugar]
- Video highlights from the royal wedding [Popeater]
- The real star of the royal wedding: Tara Palmer Tomkinson's new nose [Lainey Gossip]
- What happened to Adam Lambert? [D-Listed]
- Jessica Seinfeld is radioactive [Go Fug Yourself]
- Sarah Palin still bitter about Katie Couric [Bossip]
- Vanessa Hudgens is so tough [Celebslam]
- Which of these five actors is at highest risk for overexposure? [Pajiba]

63 Responses to “Prince William & Catherine are officially married (video, photos & The Kiss)”
  • Yes, she was very poised! I thought it was great.

    I felt a little bad for Pippa carrying the dress, but her own dress was beautiful!

    I never saw their brother before. I think it’s unfortunate he didn’t get Kate’s jaw. Oh well, it’s a crap shoot when it comes to genetics!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I love Pippa’s dress!! OMG I want that dress!! Hopefully they’ll knock-offs of it because I could work and save for the rest of my life and probably never be able to afford anything like that!!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I tend to suspect Harry was cracking jokes to keep things light. William up there with millions of people watching. And William wondering if he is doing the right thing.

    My favorite moment was William reciting his vows. And Kate is desperately trying not to break out in a big eat shit smile. You could see her whole face contorting to stay serene.

    The girl got what she wanted. Good for her.

    Now I just pray that Harry finds a decent girl. Cause I am not remotely impressed with his date.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • When you’re royal, you can make jokes and all that. When you’re common marrying into the royal family, no. She’s coached because it matters. He’s not because he can’t be exiled. Live in the UK for a few years and you’ll get it.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Yes, she did seem confident! William did look nervous but I thought the two of them seemed in sync, not disconnected like Charles and Diana at their wedding. And I didn’t mind the brothers joking; it made the ceremony seemed more intimate.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I did’t think anything was wrong with her make up. Considering that there was going to be photographs and television cameras everywhere. Your going to have to beef up the make up to make it show and not be washed out. I thought she looked beautiful.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Well I for one thank you ladies for documenting the whole thing so that I could get a good night’s sleep. I also hope Hot Harry stays single for a while.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Thank god it’s over! Tried watching the video for all but 5 seconds, but got bored out of my mind. I prefer looking at still pictures. That said, I thought Katie and Pippa’s dresses were beautiful.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Surprisingly, I enjoyed it all. I’m not fond of church services, so its truly shocking I sat through watching it all.

    I just hope Harry gets over this thing with Chelsy. If they marry, lordy that would be one hot mess judging by her appearance today.

    And the doors just opened, I swear she said wow coming out! She definitely lost her composure a bit upon seeing all those people.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I think Kate looked like she was medicated not confident.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Damn, that was a fast kiss. I liked Kate’s giggle afterwards.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Aw, they kissed again for the crowds. That was so cute!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • What was that? That was the quickest kiss, Wills just did it all of a sudden. Ok, well, at least he got in another one, I guess it’s not like Gone With the Wind or anything, lol ;)

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Great wedding and the chemistry between them was genuine, not non-existent like Charles and Di.
    Two kisses on the royal balcony too!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Loved the second kiss. They were sweet on the balcony!

    I’ve been watching this since like 5am. Ok, gonna get ready for the day. Haha! It *is* a Friday. Thank goodness I’m working from home..

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Kate was mostly poised although she seemed nervous during the vows. Maybe afraid to stumble over her words?

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Two kisses!! That made my morning.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I missed both kisses!

    And Kate definitely did say “Wow” coming out onto the balcony, the ITV presenters echoed it. Both it and Wills’ “yeah I know” expression and his “Are you ok?” was very sweet :)

    She looks very very poised. She practiced hard and it stood to her. But the lads - Harry especially - looked nervy as hell! God love them, imagine having the weight of 2billion pairs of eyes on your wedding day!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I feel more hopeful for these two than I did for his parents on their wedding day. She looks lovely, and I believe she will be a helpmate to him in a way his mother never was to his father.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Duchess Racoon Eyes. Bonus points: Kate colored in her left eyebrow, which usually has a prominent bald spot.

    Kate’s dress photographed better than it looked on camera (to me)… It’s a beautiful gown, I only wish it wasn’t a v-neck.

    Also, is it the British tradition for bridesmaids to wear white? I thought Pippa’s dress was too fitted, too low cut, and with her boobs too much on display for the occasion.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Mairead - I just added video of the kiss!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Agreed that Kate looked very confident. 9 years of hard work (not a job) to bag William. She got the prize. She earned it. William, on the other hand, really did not look so pulled together. I’m sure wedding nerves played a part, but he really did not look all that happy. He made his choice.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I loved the joking around! I thought he was a bit too formal and nervous. It was nice to see him be almost regular guyish. Very sweet. He seemed a lot more comfortable after it was done.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • This is great and all, but I’m glad the hooplah is over. If I had to read one more damn status update on the facebook about all this, I was going to scream. Also, my wedding is at 2 tomorrow. Pray we stay rain free, please. Oh, and that I don’t scratch my bff/moh eyes out before then, because she is driving. me. insane. Thanks. <3

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • It looks like love, friendship and respect to me… and I hope you come around, Kaiser! Congrats to William and Kate - they both scored a catch.

    Let’s hope this pair enjoys lasting love, and that they find ways to channel their tremendous charm and appeal into helping the world in every way their unique station allows. ♥

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Samigirl: Have a wonderful day tomorrow! Let your bff/moh live, at least until Sunday!!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Slept through it all with a lie in, but saw the dress, and can anyone say Grace Kelly rip off!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Congrats Samigirl! May you have perfect weather, a well-behaved bridal party, and if you want one, may no one fail to bring you a motherf***ing drink because they are all in the Biltmore bar!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • By jove, I think he loves her.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Congrats Samigirl!! good luck tommorrow there are sunny skies ahead :)

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • It was lovely. Willaim had nervous jitters and you can see when kate arrived at the pew he tried to talk and giggle abit with her but she was not having it…The world is watching she was instructed in poise and she was abit tense and tight. Until they finally sat down for service she relax then he relax and the body language was more comfortable and she lean abit closer toward him. All in all the wedding ceremony was lovely and I’m glad to have watch the live telecast. They are in love and the relationship looks solid. Blessing to all and may they be fruitful and joyous…. Next will be Harry! He’s a darlin.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • You’re being a little hard on the makeup.. she looks absolutely stunning in the carriage photo above.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • God Bless the Royal Family!!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I think William looks extremly happy. Good for them.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Aww thanks Kaiser! The little flowergirl covering her ears from the noise is so cute!

    I just heard that the although it was mainly open seating, the aisle seats were reserved for the heads of their charities. Fair play.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Thanks, ladies. And tarheel, you read my freaking mind. I’m thinking about drinking…now. Actually.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I thought both Kate and Wills looked lovely, but am I the only one who thought Pippa and Harry looked even better? I thought Kates make up was a bit off at first on the telly, but it looks fine in the photos :)

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Kate needs to work on her wave..it seems a little loosey goosey to me

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I love the dress and the veil - Kate looks lovely. The video doesnt work for me at work (some quirk in the office network right now) so all I have are the photos - but the kiss photo looks like they are laughing and not kissing - that is cute - the little girl with her hands over her ears is hysterical - who is she?

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I get her copying Grace Kelly - another commoner who married royalty.

    My hubs shook and didn’t smile our entire ceremony bc he was afraid he was going to pass out. I think the men get just as nervous as the women.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I agree Rianic. Men get nervous too!

    I loved how she said “WOW” when they walked out onto the balcony.

    It was a lovely service and she looked beautiful.

    After watching Wills parents marry, its nice to see Wills marry for love.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Oh, the little girl covering her ears with the hands is so cute!
    Well, I liked it all, it was subtle, classy, lovely, not opulent. Well done.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Such a lovely day! And I thought Prince Charles was so cute holding up Camilla’s grand daughter-that tiny little flower girl.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I think she looked really pretty, but that eyeliner on the bottom lashline really really bothered me too!! I know it’s her trademark blah blah blah, but it’s her wedding day…..it makes her eyes look beady, couldn’t she forgo it for one day??

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • The sun even came out just as Kate arrived at the church… everything was picture-perfect. I woke up in the middle of the night because of finals, not the wedding, but I’m glad I’ll be able to say I watched this happen live.

    It was so strange to see a paparazzi target become a bona fide modern-day princess, in real time. No matter what your opinions on British royalty, it’s very cool that we still have royal families in the 21st century.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • what an ugly dress…. guess you cant buy good taste..

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • PW almost looked sad to me a few times in addition to the nerves, who knows, maybe he was missing his mother (or maybe it’s just nerves or emotion). Kate appeared to ask him if he was ok as they got into the carriage (after she said she was very happy).

    I was not fond of Pippa’s dress or what she had done with her hair.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • waoh so impressed about the royal weddin,so glamour,geogeous,i lve it

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • How come there isn’t a comment about Camilla? When she came out and was waving at the crowd she was all like “wouldn’t you love me instead of Kate? I’m the old princess, remember?”.

    She piss me off.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I like that she stayed natural looking. Too many brides try to glam it up with absurd professional make up and unflattering new dos for the big day.

    The dress was a mix of Grace Kelly’s lace coverlet and my favorite, Princess Margaret’s in 1960.

    Not much interested in the whole hoopla but it seemed very nice and the little I saw made me smile.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • What she’s thinking “I wonder if I can wear the tiara for the wedding night?” What he’s thinking “I wonder what the tiara looks like without clothes?!”

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Kate dress was beautiful. She looked like a doll. I liked how the brothers joked to break off a lil tension. There is true love between them.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Maybe it’s because I spend hours every day reading makeup blogs and I’m used to looking at extremely dramatic makeup, but I think her makeup looks perfect. Perhaps she could have gone with a slightly peachier blush to match her lip colour a bit better, but honestly, it’s hard to find a good peach blush (they’re always too pink). My only really complaint is that she’s a little too fake-tan, but I find she always does. She probably couldn’t reverse-engineer for the wedding. :P

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I love the dress, almost as much as I hated Diana’s. The makeup is adequate, and no doubt done professionally; I can understand why she didn’t want to stray far from her usual “look.” If she’d had a majorly different makeup style, it would have distracted people.

    I also like William being a bit nervous - it’s a very human response. He should have looked into a small Valium dose, because I think that’s what Kate did. (Just speculating based on demeanor.)

    Charles looks the best he has since his own wedding. Not that that’s saying much. He certainly looks happier here.

    And I love the little girl on the balcony, who is clearly thinking, “IT’S TOO GODDAMN LOUD. WHO ARE ALL THESE PEOPLE?!! GET ME OUT OF HERE!”

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • My favorite moment was when everyone was leaving the palace balcony…and Kate turned to wave at the crowd one last time! I just love her!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • In the first photo it looks like they are both having a royal poo on the porcelain throne - Wills looks like he is dealing with a meat plug while Kate looks like she is just waiting for the salad to work its way through.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I think she looked beautiful. I thought her makeup was nice. Although her hair kind of looks like it was supposed to be a little different but was affected by the weather?
    It’s not often I see a long sleeved dress that I like.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Everything was just perfect, her wedding gown, her makeup, 2 kisses, their chemistry, the whole event was a fairytale wedding. I loved it!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I agree with all above posts - makeup also seemed fine to me, she looked beautiful. And re: Will and Harry cracking jokes - its a wedding, love, not a funeral.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Flawless. Absolutely flawless. Kate is the perfect princess - looks the part, acts the part and there is genuine love between them. Love how sweet William was, and how nervous.

    Did anyone else see when they first met at the altar that William said, you look beautiful!??! That was it for me. Started the waterworks and didn’t stop the whole time.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Everything and everyone looked nice to me, they were all smiling and joking with each other, dresses and hats were fascinating, nothing was amiss. Even the weather was fine.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Wow I think she totally looks like a future queen of England. Very confident and self-assured. I really think she is going to be the public’s ‘royal superstar.’ William could have practiced his posture more- his shoulders look kind of hunched over (or maybe that’s b/c he feels castrated now ;)). He certainly looks like he’s got a lot of conflicting emotions going on.
    I agree that Pippa looks gorgeous and hot Ginge is looking super hot. He seems like an awesome best man to have.
    Catherine’s make up may look horrible- but it certainly speaks volumes that she will have the firm final say with regard to issues she has control over.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • she looked absolutely LOVELY.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Leave a ReplyCelebitchy aims to be a friendly, welcoming site where people can discuss entertainment stories and current events in a lighthearted, safe environment without fear of harassment, excessive negativity, or bullying. Different opinions, backgrounds, ages, and nationalities are welcome here - hatred and bigotry are not. If you make racist or bigoted remarks, comment under multiple names, or wish death on anyone you will be banned. There are no second chances if you violate one of these basic rules.

    By commenting you agree to our comment policy

    Use the "Report this comment as spam or abuse" link to ask the moderators to delete a comment if it's offensive. If your comment disappears, it has been eaten by the spam filter. Please e-mail cbcomments at gmail.com to get it retrieved.

    Get an icon next to your name by signing up for a free Gravatar



    Powered By WizardRSS.com | Full Text RSS Feed | Amazon Plugin | Hud Settlement Statement

    No comments:

    Post a Comment