Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News - Your source for latest celebrity scandals, Hollywood gossip, Celebrity News, celebrity photos, entertainment news, movies and videos of your favorite stars and celebrities.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Natalie Portman: “I smoked weed in college, but I haven’t smoked in years”

Natalie Portman: “I smoked weed in college” (update: comments about Sarah Lane)

wenn3227769

I’ve just spent WAY too much time trying to find photos of Natalie Portman looking stoned. It actually wasn’t that difficult, considering that in many of her pregnant photos, she looks kind of baked, but I debated whether or not that was appropriate. Guess what? It is! And I don’t mean that she looks pregnant-baked in a nasty way - I often think super-pregnant women look baked. It’s the hormones, I guess. They just look kind of out-of-it and blissed-out, which is how they probably look when they’re stoned.

Anyway, Natalie Portman smoked the reefer. Back in the day, when she was in college. She talked about the good ol’ days to Entertainment Weekly:

Black Swan star Natalie Portman makes her first post-Oscar movie appearance this Friday in the stoner comedy Your Highness. She’s also developing Best Buds, a buddy comedy about a marijuana-laced road trip, with her production company Handsomecharlie Films.

But just because Portman is taking the high road in her work doesn’t mean she’s doing so in real life, too.

“I love stoner comedies. I smoked weed in college, but I haven’t smoked in years,” Portman told EW in December, a few weeks before announcing her pregnancy. “I’m too old. I wish I was that cool, but I’m like an old lady now. I’m in bed by 10 p.m. I can’t do that anymore.”

Portman explained that her interest in Your Highness was sparked when director David Gordon Green assured her that her role, an arrow-slinging female warrior, wouldn’t just be window dressing.

“When I sat down with David, he was like, ‘The girl’s going to be funny here,’” said Portman. “To have him be able to think of me in that way was so lucky, because [the role] is a real departure from anything I’ve done on film.”

[From Entertainment Weekly]

I have to say, Natalie Portman doesn’t look too annoying in the trailers for Your Highness, but I’m admitting that through my obvious Danny McBride dong haze. So, even though Natalie doesn’t look smug and pretentious in the trailer, and even though she’s probably barely going to promote this movie, she still wants to gift us with one eye-rolling interview. Sure, I believe she smoked pot, and I bet she enjoys stoner comedies too. But she ruins it by reminding us all that she’s an OSCAR-WINNING dramatic actress who gets to pull rank and demand changes to her character. By the way, if Natalie is as funny as she seems to think she is, why don’t we ever see it in her interviews?

UPDATE: I should do another post about this, but whatever. Natalie is so boring and smug. She finally spoke about Sarah Lane, one of her ballerine body-doubles and the controversial comments Lane made about how much dancing Natalie really did in Black Swan. Natalie said: “I know what went on. We had an amazing experience making the movie. I don’t want to tarnish it by entering it into nastiness… I’m really proud of everyone’s work on the movie, my experience. I will have that forever. And it’s nice for me to know about that no matter what kind of nastiness or gossip is going around.” NASTY. She said “nastiness” twice. Sarah Lane = Nasty. Thus spoketh the Portman.

wenn5615503

wenn3228190

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Written by Kaiser

Share

Posted in Marijuana, Natalie Portman


- Russell Crowe got big and crusty again [D-Listed]
- I love Lainey's take on Ryan Gosling in the Crazy Stupid Love trailer [Lainey Gossip]
- Fug or Fab: Gwen Stefani [Go Fug Yourself]
- Matthew Morrison's bizarre six pack secret [Celebrity Cafe]
- Jennifer Garner's beer pong skillz. She should have worn this to her premiere! [Popsugar]
- Teen mom Farrah putting out memoir [Hollywood Life]
- Wendy Williams on Essence Magazine [Bossip]

15 Responses to “Natalie Portman: “I smoked weed in college” (update: comments about Sarah Lane)”
  • That Natalie is so edgy. *insert massive eye roll*

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I think she is promoting the movie and was at a press junket . I saw an interview on eonline yesterday and the background looked like that kind of set up. In the interview she is trying to adress the “dancing issue” without really addressing it.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • *yawn*

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • She’s kind of being a try-hard here.

    I think her character is going to be super annoying in this movie. I hate how they are trying to make her like the main fighter in the film. The super feminist that can kick everyone’s ass even though she’s tiny. So beyond annoying. It’s not like Million Dollar Baby were Hillary Swank looked the part.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Ok she smoked pot in college. So?

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • i am by no means a natalie supporter, but in her older interviews with david letterman, she actually is kind of cleverly hilarious.

    that said, she does give off an annoying smugness as of late.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • of course she smoked weed in college. She’s made this duh-obvious little remark to shore up her image with everyone. I still like her….but she is quite the little media gal, isn’t she?

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Actually the interview she gave to Letterman during the promotion of I.don’t.remember.what.movie was pretty funny. And it’s the only interview of hers I have ever seen.
    I’m still baffled by that movie Your highness, it looks stupid, but maybe it’s good.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • WHO DRESSES HER?! ACK!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Notice how whenever a celeb admits to drug use, it’s something they USED to do, but no longer do? Yeah right. Come on Natalie, you’re a pothead, ‘fess up!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Good for you, now shut up.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Who cares? What, is she running for Congress?

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Wait, are we sure that Natalie actually smoked the weed? Or did she get a “hand model” to do that for her?

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Lee @6, “annoying smugness of late”

    That’s because she graduated from Harvard AND she did her own dancing in Black Swan.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • That fake rap video she did on Saturday Night Live a few years ago was hilarious. I’m not saying she wrote it herself, but she carried it off. The dichotomy of the little pink shirt and the foul language was too funny.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Leave a ReplyCelebitchy aims to be a friendly, welcoming site where people can discuss entertainment stories and current events in a lighthearted, safe environment without fear of harassment, excessive negativity, or bullying. Different opinions, backgrounds, ages, and nationalities are welcome here - hatred and bigotry are not. If you make racist or bigoted remarks, comment under multiple names, or wish death on anyone you will be banned. There are no second chances if you violate one of these basic rules.

    By commenting you agree to our comment policy

    Use the "Report this comment as spam or abuse" link to ask the moderators to delete a comment if it's offensive. If your comment disappears, it has been eaten by the spam filter. Please e-mail cbcomments at gmail.com to get it retrieved.

    Get an icon next to your name by signing up for a free Gravatar



    Powered By WizardRSS.com | Full Text Feed | Amazon AffiliateHud Settlement Statement

    No comments:

    Post a Comment