Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News - Your source for latest celebrity scandals, Hollywood gossip, Celebrity News, celebrity photos, entertainment news, movies and videos of your favorite stars and celebrities.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Blake Lively covers Marie Claire, talks boyfriends: “I’ve been with very few people”

Blake Lively covers Marie Claire, talks boyfriends: “I’ve been with very few people”

Blake Lively covers the July issue of Marie Claire as part of her promotional press tour for Savages. That’s the film she did with Oliver Stone â€" and Blake is really hoping her performance takes her to the next level. I don’t really have an opinion on it, considering I haven’t seen the film and I don’t have a rampant hate-on for Blake. I will say this â€" I was not impressed with her voiceover in the trailer. She sounded bored and vapid. Maybe that’s her character, though. In which case I think Blake might have been typecast. Anyway, here are some highlights from Blake’s Marie Claire interview:

Blake likes a well-dressed man: “It’s definitely attractive when a man can dress well… What I love most is when someone, guy or girl, is effortless and has this old-timey sort of feel [that] you could take a snapshot of them and they could exist in any time period.”

She loves talking about food: “To be around me, you must love food or I’m the most obnoxious person you’ve ever met. I’m in a big cooking phase. That’s all I’ll talk about.”

She also loves talking about her Louboutins: “What I planned before I got into the business has changed… Now I’m like, ‘Hmm, I wonder what shoes Christian [Louboutin] is going to make me. And which couture house should I go to?’ ”

She’s her own stylist: “My assistant will call fashion houses for me, but I always pick the outfit, shoes, jewelry, and a lot of times I do my own hair and makeup for events. Sometimes I think, God, why do I do this to myself? It’s so much extra work!”

Why does she style herself? “Because I love fashion. It’s such an expression of self. I often see people and they look great, but I can identify who styled them. Every stylist has a signature. Maybe it sounds jerky, but I’m lucky to be on such a fashion-centric show [Gossip Girl]. There’s no designer I don’t have access to.”

She’s holding at “four” boyfriends: “People like to draw parallels between my life and the scandalous stories on Gossip Girl. I dress the same as my character, so they think, She lives this life on and off set. I recently shared how many boyfriends I’ve had [four], and people were like, “That’s impossible!” But it’s true. I’ve been with very few people. If I’m not with somebody who really excites or inspires me, then I’d rather be by myself.”

[From Marie Claire & People Magazine]

Marie Claire’s Nina Garcia also notes that Ryan Reynolds’ dog Baxter makes an appearance during the interview, which is basically yet another confirmation that Ryan and Blake are totally serious about each other. They will get married. Eventually. Blake is waiting to see how Savages does. You think I’m joking â€" the reaction to the film will determine the next steps she takes with Ryan.

As for Blake’s continued insistence that she styles herself… I tend to believe her. I think that’s why she looks “off” on some many red carpets. But I respect that it’s HER vision for how she presents herself and not someone else telling her “You look amazing!” when she clearly doesn’t.

Photos courtesy of Marie Claire.

Written by Kaiser

Share

Posted in Blake Lively


- Megan Fox is finally looking pregnant [Lainey Gossip]
- Zach Morris disrespects Saved By The Bell [D-Listed]
- Fug or Fab: Linda Evangelista [Go Fug Yourself]
- Finally, Gabriel Aubry’s side of the custody battle [Radar]
- The difference between sociopath & psychopath [Pajiba]
- Will Smith does “Summertime” again [Evil Beet]
- Jobs that make you fat [Jezebel]
- Today is National Best Friends Day! [Tres Sugar]
- Cheryl Cole tries to sing, ha! [The Blemish]
- Hilary Swank without makeup [Celebslam]

18 Responses to “Blake Lively covers Marie Claire, talks boyfriends: “I’ve been with very few people””
  • She’s painfully dull.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

    • Oh my god, yes! She’d better not talk at all!

      Report this comment as spam or abuse

    • I know- can you imagine the dinner conversation with equally boring Ryan Reynolds? “This white bread, mayonaise and velveeta sandwich, is delicious”

      Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Would love to read an interview where one of these starlets DOESN’T bring up how “very few” men she’s been with. Really, am I supposed to think she’s “decent” because of that? Or bad about myself if I have been with more people than the number she mentions?

    Annoying as f*ck, I tell you.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

    • yeah….we don’t need to know how many ppl she has slept with. I just don’t like how she is making it seem like her “number being low” somehow makes her more valuable.

      Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • So I was right, this girl is an idiot!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Another nose job?

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Lucky for her casting couch sessions and Harvey Weinstein don’t count as boyfriends.
    Otherwise she’d still probably be counting them.
    hm….so who’s the mystery boyfriend?
    There was Penn, Leo and Ryan … I’m tempted to start a scavenger hunt.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Of course sweetie, of course…. *yawn*

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • How is it that they all say how few men they’ve been with? Like they’re all delicate virgins in seedy hollywood?

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • It’s funny, in the cover photo here she actually does have a striking sort of resemblance to Leo Di Cap. Maybe that’s why he was besotted with her (for a little while). They do say there is something in “mirror” types attracting one another.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • She’s not all that exciting, but I can think of other females celebs that (in my opinion) top her in the “dull” department: Zoe Saldana, Julia Styles, and Kristen Stewart to name a few. I like her a bit thouhg, I mean she pulled Leo DeCaprio and then on to Ryan Reynolds, not mad at her at all!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • â€" I was not impressed with her voiceover in the trailer. She sounded bored and vapid.
    â€"-

    Her VoiceOver in the Savages trailer kills any interest I have for the movie. She is be OK in the role of a California party girl with 2 boyfriends. It’s an easy role. I don’t know why she wants to keep throwing out numbers of men she has ever slept with. No one is going to believe it’s only 4. Just don’t go there in the first place Blake.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • looks like the good girl/bad girl, madonna/whore dichotomy is still alive and kicking.

    yes blake, we get it. you are a ‘good girl’ and therefore ‘marriage material’.

    i think her shot at the big time has passed.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Her body is ridiculous, but her face is so meh. I don’t hate her, I just think she is irrelevant unless she is talking about her love life. That’s all anyone seems to pay much attention to, unless you’re a fan of Gossip Girl.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • somehow that last picture reminds me of celine dion.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Isn’t she rumored to have had a few affairs with married dudes…I get that she wants to seem wholesome, but behind-the-scenes people obviously see her another way.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • WOW. This exceeded my expectations, really. She’s IS that vapid and dumb and painfully boring. Oh my…

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Leave a Reply Celebitchy aims to be a friendly, welcoming site where people can discuss entertainment stories and current events in a lighthearted, safe environment without fear of harassment, excessive negativity, or bullying. Different opinions, backgrounds, ages, and nationalities are welcome here - hatred and bigotry are not. If you make racist or bigoted remarks, comment under multiple names, or wish death on anyone you will be banned. There are no second chances if you violate one of these basic rules.

    By commenting you agree to our comment policy

    Use the "Report this comment as spam or abuse" link to ask the moderators to delete a comment if it's offensive. If your comment disappears, it may have been eaten by the spam filter. Please e-mail cbcomments at gmail.com to get it retrieved.

    Get an icon next to your name by signing up for a free Gravatar



    Powered By WizardRSS.com | Full Text RSS Feed | Amazon Plugin Wordpress | Android Forums | Wordpress Tutorials

    No comments:

    Post a Comment