Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News - Your source for latest celebrity scandals, Hollywood gossip, Celebrity News, celebrity photos, entertainment news, movies and videos of your favorite stars and celebrities.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Katie Holmes explains the Penis Gummis incident: “I was horrified!”

Katie Holmes explains the Penis Gummis incident: “I was horrified!”

ellen1

A few weeks ago, paparazzi got some photos of Suri Cruise holding up a box of Penis Gummis, gummi candies shaped like penises (see photos here). Everybody was all “ZOMG, Suri is just like her daddy!” and “Katie is a horrible mother who gives her child penis-shaped candy, for shame!” Anyway, Katie appears on Elle DeGeneres’s show today, and she talks about the dreaded gummi penis incident. Katie actually sounds like a real mom here:

It’s not always easy being Suri’s mommy. Katie Holmes knows that she’s under a microscope as an actress, wife to Tom Cruise â€" and mother to Suri, who turns 5 this month.

Already famous for her jet-set lifestyle, couture kiddie clothes and her attachment to a pacifier, Suri unwittingly caused yet another stir a few weeks ago when she was photographed â€" in the arms of her famous mom â€" clutching a box of X-rated, phallic candy.

Holmes, 32, opened up good-naturedly about the photo fracas during a Thursday appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

“Recently, I took [Suri] to get ice cream in New York at this place called Serendipity that we go to all the time. It’s for kids. The clientele is children,” explains the actress, who plays Jackie Kennedy in the new ReelzChannel miniseries The Kennedys. “We go in and we are waiting for a table and she grabs some gummies that are boy part gummies. I was horrified.”

(In pics that stormed the web, Suri checked out a colorful box of “Penis Gummies,” featuring drawings of anatomically correct chewy candies.)

Continued Holmes sheepishly: “P-e-n-i-s gummies. I said, oh wow those aren’t Swedish fish. . . They are called p-e-n-i-s gummies and they look like it.”

Holmes spotted the controversy immediately. “She was holding the box and I was like ‘OK, wow we don’t need that right now.’ Because I thought if I said ‘Put that back,’ and then she’s going to say, ‘What is this?’ And I really didn’t want to have that conversation.”

The Dawson’s Creek alum was upset that Serendipity was even selling such a raunchy treat. “I was like, why are selling these here? This is for kids. And then it was on the cover of a magazine that I’m giving her those gummies!”

“I was like, ‘Oh my god, no.’ We put them back.”

[From Us Weekly]

I get it. Kids pick up everything, and Suri probably only saw the pretty colors or that it was “candy”. That being said, I would have loved if Katie had told this story with the punch line, “So I took them from Suri and went to pay for them. Tom loved his gift!” Alas. But seriously, there’s enough stuff we can yell at Katie about, the Gummi penis incident just seemed like a cute kid story that could have happened to anyone.

wenn3251775

wenn5559528

Photos courtesy of Ellen’s show, WENN.

Written by Kaiser

Bookmark and Share

Posted in Katie Holmes, Suri Cruise


- The new Wonder Woman, Adrianne Palicki, in action [D-Listed]
- Who is this blind item about? [Lainey Gossip]
- What the hell happened to Michelle Monaghan [Go Fug Yourself]
- I love this headline: Teresa Giudice punched in the face [Popeater]
- Cameron Diaz at spring training [Popsugar]
- Get a virtual girlfriend [Agent Bedhead]
- MTV's new bad-looking Teen Wolf series trailer [Pajiba]
- Pregnant Alyssa Milano does yoga [Celebrity Baby Scoop]

10 Responses to “Katie Holmes explains the Penis Gummis incident: “I was horrified!””
  • Um, is the ‘cock blocker’ in the background of that top pic also at the place that is for kids? Sheesh. Dodgy.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Is that second photo of the Serendipity trip as well? What the heck is a Cock Blocker? Is Serendipity like Spencer’s Gifts with ice cream? I’m so confused.

    I agree, Kaiser, that there seem to be a lot of unpopular parenting decisions happening in this family but a preschooler picking up a box of candy is not a big deal.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I love that COCK BLOCKER is the picture. That is my new nickname for Katie.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • A store for kids? LOL In that second pic I see a pair of skimpy undies and a box of something called “cock blocker”

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I guess we all posted at the same time lol

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • LMAO!!! I didn’t even notice the “cock blocker”!!! That’s hilarious. And yes, that photo is from Serendipity too!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Exactly delta Juliet, I think Katie has confused an adult store with a cake shop!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I guess they were in the “raunchy candy” section by mistake…

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • LOL….”I’ll have a hot fudge sundae and and a cock blocker to go”.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • What kind of a store IS that?

    I don’t think it’s a big deal in the first place, I think I would laugh my ass of if I suddenly realized my kid’s gummis are penis shaped, but I’m really curious what kind of a store that is.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Leave a ReplyCelebitchy aims to be a friendly, welcoming site where people can discuss entertainment stories and current events in a lighthearted, safe environment without fear of harassment, excessive negativity, or bullying. Different opinions, backgrounds, ages, and nationalities are welcome here - hatred and bigotry are not. If you make racist or bigoted remarks, comment under multiple names, or wish death on anyone you will be banned. There are no second chances if you violate one of these basic rules.

    By commenting you agree to our comment policy

    Use the "Report this comment as spam or abuse" link to ask the moderators to delete a comment if it's offensive. If your comment disappears, it has been eaten by the spam filter. Please e-mail cbcomments at gmail.com to get it retrieved.

    Get an icon next to your name by signing up for a free Gravatar



    Powered By WizardRSS.com | Full Text Feeds | Amazon PluginsHud-1

    No comments:

    Post a Comment