Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News - Your source for latest celebrity scandals, Hollywood gossip, Celebrity News, celebrity photos, entertainment news, movies and videos of your favorite stars and celebrities.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Matt Damon on the paparazzi: Brad Pitt threw a burger and Ben Affleck drove for hours

Despite his movie star status, Damon keeps his life private, especially compared to some of his famous friends.
“Brad and Angie, there’s much more pressure on them than there is on me. He [Pitt] asked me what my everyday is like. I said, ‘Well, I grab the kids from school, and then we go over to the park.’ And he was just looking at me, like, ‘How can you do that?’ Because he can’t.”

Damon’s theory on why he can keep a low profile:
“I’ve been left alone, even by the paparazzi, because what sells is sex and scandal. Absent that, they really don’t have much interest in you. I’m still married, still working, still happy.”

On being the father of four girls, ranging in age from 13 months to 13 years:
“I jumped into the deep end with Lucy. I mean, Alexia was already 4. I was an extra dad…The only way I can describe it â€" it sounds stupid, but â€" at the end of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, you know how his heart grows, like, five times its size? Everything is full; it’s just full all the time.”

On staying away from shirtless scenes:
“On the first Bourne movie, I was in the best shape of my life, and we purposely never did a shot of me with my shirt off. There’s one scene where [Bourne’s lover] is pulling the shirt over my head, but what the camera sees are the two bullet holes in my back. It’s not gratuitous; there’s a point to it. I try to stay away from the beefcake shots.”

On the paparazzi plaguing his famous friends.
“Brad [Pitt] has told me stories. . . . He threw a cheeseburger at somebody. The guy had followed him to the drive-thru and Brad was like, ‘Can I just eat my cheeseburger?’ The guy pulled up next to him and Brad ended up throwing it at him, and they both looked at each other in total shock for a long moment. Neither of them could believe that it happened, you know? And then the guy went to raise his camera, and Brad sped off. So he did not get the picture. Brad left that experience feeling like, ‘Well, I didn’t get to eat my cheeseburger. I really wanted it.’”

“At the height of the whole thing with Jennifer Lopez, I remember Ben [Affleck] telling me about one of his days off. It was a Sunday, and I think he’d been shooting, like, six-day weeks. The gas tank in his car was full, and he pulled out of the driveway where they were living, and there were 20 cars there waiting. He just drove toward San Francisco, checking the gas gauge. When it was halfway full, he turned around and drove all the way backâ€" driving for five, six hours. He never got out of the car. I saw him after that, and it was a circus, people taking pictures. I said, ‘How are you doing this?’ And he told me that story. He said, ‘I was so angry at these guys for invading my life, that I was taking the very little free time I had and wasting it, in order to get back at them.’ I think he kind of broke through to this other place. He said, ‘I just can’t give it any more energy.’”



Powered By WizardRSS.com | Full Text RSS Feed | Amazon Affiliate | Settlement Statement

No comments:

Post a Comment