Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News - Your source for latest celebrity scandals, Hollywood gossip, Celebrity News, celebrity photos, entertainment news, movies and videos of your favorite stars and celebrities.

Monday, December 12, 2011

‘Men in Black III’ trailer: Dear Emma Thompson, are you poor?

‘Men in Black III’ trailer: Dear Emma Thompson, are you poor?

Dear Emma Thompson,

WTF? Are you poor?

Love, K

So, this is the new trailer for the completely unnecessary third installment for Men In Black. To my recollection, MIB II wasn’t even a hit… let me check that out… it did decent business, better than I thought, but it was by no means a super-successful sequel. So why do yet another MIB film? Because Hollywood has run out of ideas? Sidenote: I’m not a big fan of saying “Hollywood has run out of ideas” because I don’t think they have â€" I think there are a lot of extremely talented storytellers who work in Hollywood, people who would make wonderful, interesting, creative films if only the studios would fund those projects. But studios won’t fund those projects because the studios worry that no one will go see those kinds of films. The studio thinks you’re stupid. And sometimes, you prove them right.

So, anyway. MIB III. Will Smith seems like he’s carrying this bitch, and even then, he might be phoning some of it in. I feel for Tommy Lee Jones, that old bastard. He must have wanted a nice paycheck too. As for Emma Thompson and Josh Brolin… I don’t even know. Emma’s not poor, and neither is Josh. Josh seems like the kind of actor more likely to just sign on to something because it looks fun, which maybe this did…? But Emma… I expected more from her.

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Written by Kaiser

Share

Posted in Emma Thompson, Trailer, Will Smith


- Alec Baldwin impersonates an AA pilot and apologizes to himself [D-Listed]
- Blake Lively at the new Grand Central Apple store [Lainey Gossip]
- Check out the back of Fergie’s dress [Go Fug Yourself]
- 10 most inappropriate Christmas songs [Fark]
- Best celebrity male shirtless moments of 2011 [Popsugar]
- The worlds’ craziest Christmas lights [Gawker]
- Zac Efron in The Lucky One trailer [Pajiba]
- I thought this SNL short with Katy Perry and Matt Damon was dumb [Evil Beet]

7 Responses to “‘Men in Black III’ trailer: Dear Emma Thompson, are you poor?”
  • HA! I know this is a totally unnecessary sequel (heck, MIB II already was) but I’m so watching this. I love all things Tommy Lee Jones and Bill Hader is also in this (not Sharlto Copley as I thought).

    Plus, I love the way Josh Brolin is channeling Jones’s mannerisms.

    Will see this for sure.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

    • I’m with you! This looks like a great, fun, dumb movie, which I don’t actually think Hollywood makes that many of these days. I feel like all the big action movies (esp. the super hero ones) have gotten all angsty, and sometimes I just want big and fun.

      Although to be honest this looks like a recycling of the MIB2 plot, which is weird.

      Also, I adore Emma Thompson, so if she wants to be in a stupid movie, it’s okay with me. But it does some like an odd choice on her part.

      Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Big paycheck for easy work? And presumably these guys are old pros and easy to work with? I can’t blame her-although I can’t imagine Cate Blanchett or Meryl Streep doing this.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Imelda Staunton once appeared in a Sylvester Stallone picture. Money is powerful.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Emma Thompson has chosen some reaaly strange projects. Nanny McPhee anyone???
    Isn’t she an Oscar winner?
    I agree, WTF.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Wow. Emma. Really? Like, is this for real?

    In other thoughts, her blue dress is very pretty (a little snug in that pic though). And Josh B is a hottie.

    Every time I see Will Smith, I can only imagine that smug little whip-hair girl of his. They are twins.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I bet she did it for the fun.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Leave a Reply

    Get an icon next to your name by signing up for a free Gravatar



    Powered By WizardRSS.com | Full Text RSS Feed | Amazon Affiliate | Settlement Statement

    No comments:

    Post a Comment