Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News - Your source for latest celebrity scandals, Hollywood gossip, Celebrity News, celebrity photos, entertainment news, movies and videos of your favorite stars and celebrities.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Emma Watson and Rupert Grint Discuss Their Future and Working On Other Projects

rupert emma la 7 14 11 Emma Watson and Rupert Grint Discuss Their Future and Working On Other Projects

11 years ago, three kids got extremely lucky when they landed starring roles in what would become one of the most successful film franchises of all time. While Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe is busy singing and dancing in his latest Broadway venture How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, his co-stars and friends Emma Watson and Rupert Grint are thinking about what the future holds for them. In a recent interview for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II, Watson and Grint talked about being on other sets and working on other projects. Grint and Watson may never reprise their roles and Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, but that doesn’t mean their acting careers are over.

Watson recently wrapped The Perks of Being a Wallflower, based on the beloved novel by Stephen Chbosky. She’ll be playing the role of Sam alongside Logan Lerman and Paul Rudd. Watson, who is accustomed to working on the set of Harry Potter with a familiar cast and crew says she was nervous to take on a role where she would have to be in a foreign country and speak in a different accent.

“A lot of moments on this last movie I made in Pittsburg The Perks of Being a Wallflower, I was terrified. My first day I was so nervous. Doing a different accent, being on a new movie set in a foreign country with a crew I didn’t know and a cast I didn’t know. There’s a scene when I have to mimic Susan Sarandon in Rocky Horror Picture Show and I’m standing in a corset in front of all of these extras trying to do this dance and I felt ridiculous. It’s funny, coming out of [Harry Potter] I’m constantly doing things that are new. That takes bravery, I guess. I think it’s trying to have faith in yourself and believe in yourself and know that it’ll come right in the end, hopefully.”

But despite the jitters, it was The Perks of Being a Wallflower that reassured Watson that she wanted to be an actress.

“I’m very excited about [The Perks of Being a Wallflower]. Having an experience like that outside of Harry Potter was what really convinced me that acting really was what I should be doing and that I was good at it. It really solidified that for me.”

For Grint, working on other films whilst still working on Harry Potter was refreshing and different.

“I’ve always enjoyed stepping unto a different set when I could in between the films. Harry Potter is quite hard to compare anything to because it’s quite a unique machine. It’s a very different experience, these smaller films because you’re not with this familiar crew that you’ve grown up with. There’s new people and it always takes a little while for me to adjust. I learn a lot from these other films. It’s nice to be a different character and quite refreshing.”

Grint finished his latest film, Comrade â€" an anti-war film based on a true story â€" where he’ll star alongside German actor David Kross. Grint expresses that he enjoys acting and doesn’t plan to stop any time soon.

“I’ve always loved acting and doing these other films in between. I want to do more of that. I did a film a few months ago, WWII story. I want to move on and play different roles.”

As for his co-star, Watson is busy reading scripts before she heads to Oxford to study abroad (which is really home for her).

“Now just reading reading reading and trying to find the next thing that really speaks to me and that I really care about. Finding great directors who will keep teaching me so I can keep learning, but I’m excited about the idea of being an actress now in a way I wasn’t so sure of when I was younger.”

Harry Potter put these young actors on the map, there’s no doubt about that, but what they make of themselves after this franchise is over is entirely up to them. So far it seems like we’ll continue seeing a lot of all three stars, and that sits alright with me.

Where do you think these young actors will end up?



Powered By WizardRSS.com | Full Text RSS Feed | Amazon Plugin | Settlement Statement | WordPress Tutorials

No comments:

Post a Comment