Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News - Your source for latest celebrity scandals, Hollywood gossip, Celebrity News, celebrity photos, entertainment news, movies and videos of your favorite stars and celebrities.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Ashlee Simpson filed for divorce from Pete Wentz (updates)

Ashlee Simpson filed for divorce from Pete Wentz (updates)

file_ashlee_simpson_divorce_004_wenn5295959

I know I’m about to out myself as a total dumbass, but this one hurts. Ashlee Simpson has just filed for divorce from Pete Wentz - damn it! I liked them together, I really did. They made sense together. They were coming up on their third wedding anniversary in May, and their son Bronx is 2 years old. Here’s more from TMZ:

TMZ has learned … Ashlee Simpson just filed for divorce from hubby Pete Wentz.

In documents filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Simpson cites “irreconcilable differences” as the reason for the divorce.

She’s asking for joint legal custody and primary physical custody of two-year-old Bronx.

Simpson, who is repped by disso queen Laura Wasser, is also asking for spousal and child support. Wentz is repped by Stacy Phillips.

Sources tell TMZ there is no prenup.

The couple married in May, 2008.

[From TMZ]

Through the years, there have been rumors of Pete’s infidelities, and there have also been rumors about Ashlee’s multiple issues, like her alleged drinking problem and her alleged eating disorder. And yet… I honestly thought they would last. Well, I thought they would last longer than this. Sad!

Also - no prenup again, Papa Joe? Dumbass.

UPDATE: Here’s the couple’s statement via People Magazine (through Ashlee’s rep): “After careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to file for divorce. We remain friends and deeply committed and loving parents to our son Bronx, whose happiness and well-being remains our number one priority. We ask that everyone honor our privacy as we navigate this next phase of our lives.”

UPDATE: And it’s already begun. TMZ has a story about why Ashlee left Pete. A source says, “It’s really all about Pete’s erratic behavior… She really wanted out.”

file_ashlee_simpson_divorce_006_wenn2945897

file_ashlee_simpson_divorce_007_wenn2853654

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Written by Kaiser

Bookmark and Share

Posted in Ashlee Simpson, Divorces, Pete Wentz


- Jennifer Aniston gets upstaged by Tila Tequila [D-Listed]
- Nick Cannon is weak? [Celebslam]
- Colin Firth at the airport [Lainey Gossip]
- Hailee Steinfeld is super cute [Go Fug Yourself]
- Alex Skarsgard looks so good without Bos [Popsugar]
- Jamie Oliver and his girls [Celebrity Baby Scoop]
- 10 pop culture facts that show American's low brow taste [Pajiba]
- Christina Aguilera to perform at the Grammys this weekend [Celebuzz]

33 Responses to “Ashlee Simpson filed for divorce from Pete Wentz (updates)”
  • Did not see this one coming. Their baby is beautiful.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Ahahahahahahahahaha!

    Ok, there. Got that out of my system. I bet he got tired of all her insecurities. Trying to keep up with that level of neediness has got to be exhausting.

    #2: Since CA is a “no fault” state, the only thing you are able to cite when filing for divorce is “irreconcilable differences.”

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Ahh that is sad, I guess we shold have know something was up when they both got drastic hair changes.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I think him wearing his hair “a natural” was the last straw…

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I was surprised by this, too. And no pre-nup?!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I am oddly saddened by this also. I don’t know why b/c I don’t really like either of them, especially him. And yet, I’m sad about their divorce.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • This stinks! I liked them, too. I thought they had kind of settled into a cool, more private little life.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • This seems out of left field.

    Don’t get me wrong, I really don’t like Ashlee and often wondered how Pete Wentz put up with her (don’t really have an opinion about him), but it doesn’t seem like there have been rumblings about them as of late. So yeah, this is surprising!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Aw, man.. He never should’ve stopped flat ironing his hair!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I saw this coming. when he started showing up with frizzy curly hair. no more flat ironing, somethings up.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • That’s surprising. Sad for their son, hopefully they keep things friendly.

    I must be tired - I read that as “Disco queen Laura Wasser” and was like huh?

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I liked them together, too!
    @NYCMOM - yes, that’s exactly what I was thinking!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • It was the hair. If my husband starting walking around with that freaky ‘fro, I’m dump him too.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Stupid selfish bastards. I really liked them. I wish people would stop getting married and having kids then splitting. It’s too hard on kids…what ever happened to commitment, for better or for worse. Whats the point of saying vows if you cant stand by them. Total bummer! i really hoped these two would last, loved their little family!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • This was a real shocker, I didn’t see this one coming…ever!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Oh wow, can you imagine the battle for custody of their flat iron?
    OOhh, maybe Wentz’s recent apparences with curly hair has something to do with it. Ashlee totally monopolized the flat iron! THAT BITCH!
    This is gonna be nasty. I’m loving it already.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Who gets the flat iron?

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • boo…hoo. not.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • rats! I, too, am surprised. I, too, thought they were a good fit. oh well!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Really?? Did not see that coming. Sad. I thought they would actually work.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Lol!
    She probably never saw his natural hair until weeks ago…
    I would leave that frizz too! HIDEOUS!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • While i am surprised by this, because i like Kaiser thought that it would have lasted a little bit longer. But I knew when his band fell apart because they hated the scrutiny of him being shacked up with Ashlee, I KNEW it was only a matter of time. i am by no stretch of the imagination a fall out boy fan, but the writing was on the wall; he hooked up with some Hollywood pop tart with no discernible talent and they (his bandmates) did not think much of her. That was incredibly obvious in all their old interviews.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • whoa -

    this totally validates the Fug Girls’ prediction back in October when she sliced off her hair:

    “Stark blonde dye job plus hurried, drastic haircut often equals Shit’s Getting Real And I Need A Change. Now, I certainly hope that’s not the case, but I ask you, would a woman who’s sound of mind do this to herself?”

    http://gofugyourself.com/i_didnt_steal_your_fugfriend101410-10-2010

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Wow, I’m very surprised on this one. I mean I know they rushed into marriage and then quickly got pregnant but I really did expect them to last longer than this. Ugh, no wonder the kids in Hollywood are so messed up.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Surprised! But hey I reckon you cant jump into marriage too young or too fast and expect it to turn out totally well, plus throw a baby into the mix. Sad that theres a child involved now. But at least they have the financial means to survive a divorce as well as to guarantee their childs wellbeing.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • these fughking disposible marriages are SO over!

    can we bring the 50’s back, please.

    why bother if your going to make a kid’s home broken and give up 3 years in?

    BIG FAT ‘F’ for FAIL to these two.

    :-(

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • How is she going to find someone else to put up with her crap?

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Right, because nobody had a shotgun marriage, or got a quickie divorce in the 1950s.

    *Rolls eyes*

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • @ Lucy2:

    Yeah, I totally read that as “disco queen,” too. I had to go back and re-read it.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I am sad for the poor kid.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I was really surprised too, they have been photographed together a lot lately.

    At least Jessica can take comfort in knowing she is not the only marriage failure in her family.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • That statement from their rep, I feel like I’ve I’d heard it before. MANY times. The exact wording too. Is that standard celebrity split jargon? Is there some preset statement in celebrity rep texts or handbooks to issue when celebrities are going their separate ways? I’m serious and not being facetious. Does anyone know?

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Why would Papa Joe be the dumbass with them not having a prenup? He(Wentz) has way more money than she does.

    I have often wondered how she married him in the first place? Insecurities and eating disorders aside, she is a catch compared to that douche!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Leave a ReplyCelebitchy aims to be a friendly, welcoming site where people can discuss entertainment stories and current events in a lighthearted, safe environment without fear of harassment, excessive negativity, or bullying. Different opinions, backgrounds, ages, and nationalities are welcome here - hatred and bigotry are not. If you make racist or bigoted remarks, comment under multiple names, or wish death on anyone you will be banned. There are no second chances if you violate one of these basic rules.

    By commenting you agree to our comment policy

    Use the "Report this comment as spam or abuse" link to ask the moderators to delete a comment if it's offensive. If your comment disappears, it has been eaten by the spam filter. Please e-mail cbcomments at gmail.com to get it retrieved.

    Get an icon next to your name by signing up for a free Gravatar



    Powered By WizardRSS

    No comments:

    Post a Comment