Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News - Your source for latest celebrity scandals, Hollywood gossip, Celebrity News, celebrity photos, entertainment news, movies and videos of your favorite stars and celebrities.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Olivia Wilde on her post-divorce life: “I put on a few extra pounds”

Olivia Wilde on her post-divorce life: “I put on a few extra pounds”

Olivia Wilde makes an appearance on two March covers â€" Town & Country and Angeleno magazine. I can’t find any good usable images from T&C, so we’ll just make do with the Angeleno photo shoot, which I think it pretty but boring, much like Ol’ Cockburn herself. Olivia is not talking about her newish relationship with Jason Sudeikis, but she is still talking about her divorce â€" she keeps bringing it up because she can no longer drop “I’m a princess!” into her interviews. I’m surprised she doesn’t start conversations with “I used to be a princess!” Here are some highlights from her Town & Country interview:

On Jason Sudeikis: She says she has a boyfriend in the “entertainment world,” but won’t confirm that it’s “SNL” star Jason Sudeikis. “[He’s] in a much more interesting part of the business than I am. If I have a drink with a guy, it becomes an affair.“

Post-divorce: “I put on a few extra pounds… But I’m trying to be healthier now.” Previously, she said, “I got a divorce and self-medicated with food. But I figure that’s better than self-medicating with crack cocaine.”

Feeling like a failure: “When you go through a breakup, you lose faith for a while. It makes you feel like such a failure, but I think this whole traumatic year has made me a better actor. And the good thing about getting divorced young â€" if there is a good thing â€" is that it makes you realize there’s no schedule in life. It blasts you wide open and frees you to be honest with yourself.”

On her impulsive elopement at the age of 18: “The danger is that you evolve over the years and find yourself in a different place.”

On her ex: “Tao was, and is, totally involved with his work, and for me there’s nothing sexier than a man who is busy and obsessed with what he’s doing. I guess I saw that in my parents’ marriage. They had real respect for their work and for each other.”

An early connection to SNL: “My dad took me to see Saturday Night Live as a birthday treat, and I knew at that moment that this was what I wanted to do,” she says.

A George Clooney story: Later, as a teen, Wilde remembers having lunch with George Clooney on the set of The Peacemaker, the 1997 movie for which her parents, Leslie and Andrew Cockburn, wrote the screenplay. “Having George Clooney be the first Hollywood actor I met set a pretty high standard,” she said. “He’s genuinely sincere, smart, gracious, and I like his politics, too, which always helps.”

On Hugh Laurie: “I spent four years on House and learned so much from Hugh. I owe my entire film career to him. I wouldn’t be anywhere near where I am now without Hugh and the series. It was the first time I’d been allowed to play somebody not defined by my looks.”

[From Page Six & People]

I did notice that Olivia had gained some weight, and I really liked the way she looked too â€" she got a little bit more in the bust, and her hips and butt “filled out” a bit, and in my opinion, she looked even prettier. I understand that the weight gain came from post-divorce depression, but she should still consider keeping on a few extra pounds. As for the Clooney story â€" I wouldn’t mind Clooney and Ol’ Cockburn as a couple. Right? He likes women with a bigger bust, true, but he could always buy Olivia some new boobs. Other than that, I think they would make an interesting match.

Photos courtesy of Angeleno Mag.

Written by Kaiser

Share

Posted in Olivia Wilde


- Prince William and Kate’s new puppy! [Lainey Gossip]
- Will and Kate vacation photos [Popsugar]
- I hope the damn groundhog is wrong! [D-Listed]
- This is Justin Bieber? [Go Fug Yourself]
- Lana Del Rey on her SNL performance: "I looked beautiful and sang fine" [Fark]
- Iconic, unromantic film gestures [Pajiba]
- Karina Smirnoff bikini pics [Celebslam]
- This makes me never want to drink Starbucks again [Gawker]
- Howard Stern disses Leno, is loyal to Letterman [The Daily Wh.at]

7 Responses to “Olivia Wilde on her post-divorce life: “I put on a few extra pounds””
  • So what? She’s still super skinny. Man, body image and Hollywood should be separated.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I feel nothing when it comes to her : I don’t hate her but I don’t really like her but it is professional and grateful of her to admit that House launched her career. Rooney Mara, queen of entitled brats, should take notes.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • When you get married young I feel that divorce can feel like a failure because you get a lot of “I told you so” comments.

    This is probably the first interview I’ve liked of Oliva’s because she comes across… humble.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • She’s just SO stunning! With or without extra pounds. And yes, I’d love to see her and George Clooney as a couple, she’s much prettier than Stacy.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I’m usualy pretty “meh” on Wilde, but I like this interview and photos. She looks good with the extra weight.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Damn she is beautiful. Not the best actress or anything, but she’s on my ‘top 10 most gorgeous actresses of today’ list.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • She is stunning, but the front head shot is not her best angle.

    Extra weight or not… I don’t get her hype… but I see yet ANOTHER average actress with good family connections. Ugh.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Leave a Reply Celebitchy aims to be a friendly, welcoming site where people can discuss entertainment stories and current events in a lighthearted, safe environment without fear of harassment, excessive negativity, or bullying. Different opinions, backgrounds, ages, and nationalities are welcome here - hatred and bigotry are not. If you make racist or bigoted remarks, comment under multiple names, or wish death on anyone you will be banned. There are no second chances if you violate one of these basic rules.

    By commenting you agree to our comment policy

    Use the "Report this comment as spam or abuse" link to ask the moderators to delete a comment if it's offensive. If your comment disappears, it may have been eaten by the spam filter. Please e-mail cbcomments at gmail.com to get it retrieved.

    Get an icon next to your name by signing up for a free Gravatar



    Powered By WizardRSS.com | Full Text RSS Feed | Amazon Affiliate Script | Android Games | Hud Software

    No comments:

    Post a Comment