Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News - Your source for latest celebrity scandals, Hollywood gossip, Celebrity News, celebrity photos, entertainment news, movies and videos of your favorite stars and celebrities.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Jason Bateman & his wife welcome daughter… Maple Sylvie

Jason Bateman & his wife welcome daughter… Maple Sylvie

I always forget how attractive Jason Bateman is until I look at photos of him. Did that make sense? I’m writing in a lust-haze. Like, in my general memory of Jason Bateman, I see his vampire face (he’s seriously ageless), and I think “Funny. Sweet. Talented. Good guy.” But then I look at photos of him and I think “OMG, HOT.”

Anyway, last August, Jason and his wife Amanda Anka announced that they were expecting another baby. They are already parents to a 5-year-old girl, Francesca, and when they announced the second pregnancy, they confirmed that they were expecting another girl. Well, Amanda gave birth last Friday! And they named their second daughter… MAPLE.

Double the daughters for Jason Bateman.

The actor and wife Amanda Anka welcomed a baby girl, Maple Sylvie Bateman, on Friday, Feb. 10 in Los Angeles, the Horrible Bosses star’s rep confirms to PEOPLE.

The new addition joins big sister Francesca Nora, 5.

Anka’s pregnancy was announced in August by her father, singer Paul Anka, who said, “I’m going to be a grandfather again!”

Bateman and Anka, both 43, were married in July 2001.

[From People Magazine]

Maple Sylvie. Not even Sylvia. And MAPLE? As in, maple syrup? As in, “What everyone is going to call your daughter for the next 20 years of her life”?? That’s just going to be her name as soon as she gets to school â€" “Syrup.”

For a second there I was all, “Hey, did they name her Maple because one of them is Canadian?” Because Maple = Canadian, in my mind. But no â€" they’re both Americans. I have no idea why “Maple”. Much less “Maple Sylvie.” Maple Bateman? It sounds like Maple Bacon. Mmm… bacon.

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Written by Kaiser

Share

Posted in Babies, Jason Bateman


- Liv Tyler sings INXS for Givenchy [The Daily Wh.at]
- Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes spent Valentine’s day boning [Lainey Gossip]
- Man has heart attack at the Heart Attack Grill [D-Listed]
- I actually like this outfit on Dakota Fanning [Go Fug Yourself]
- German teen tries to sue TV station for showing her parents at swingers’ club [Fark]
- Tons of photos from fashion week [Popsugar]
- Obnoxious & funny Skittles parody commercials [Pajiba]
- Former plus- sized model Crystal Renn in SI swimsuit edition [Evil Beet]

15 Responses to “Jason Bateman & his wife welcome daughter… Maple Sylvie”
  • OH NO!! That’s HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I thought they were one of the good ones, with the lovely Francesca. Maple? Not cool.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Isn’t Jason Bateman’s wife the daughter of Paul Anka? Anka was Canadian, born in Ottawa. I think he became an American citizen several years ago…

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Really? What an awful name!! Poor child. And yes, if she’s flat-chested, she’ll be teased with “Hey, Maple Syrup, where’s your pancakes?” or something along that line….

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I know a few ladies named Maple, and all are lovely. But I AM Canadian, so there’s that.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

    • LOL. “Maple” = popular girl’s name in Canada. You can’t make this sh-t up.

      Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Her dad is Canadian, the one and only Paul Anka. Maybe that’s why? Maple isn’t totally weird but really?

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • meh, maple’s at least cute for a weirdo celebrity name. It’s kinda an endearment like honey and pumpkin. It beats Apple for sure.

    And I will forever love him for Arrested Development.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • She’s Paul Anka’s daughter, and he’s originally from Canada, so maybe that’s it? And Sylvie is the French version of Sylvia, so … also vaguely Canadian? Can’t say I approve of the name Maple, though. As for Jason, however, I approve. Yes.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I have given a lot of thought to naming a future daughter Maple. Robert Frost has a poem about a woman named Maple and I have always liked it, but it is eccentric. I do love the name Sylvia and I’ll probably name my daughter that, if I have one. I wouldn’t pick the name Sylvie, but I have no problem with it for other people. Too bad her name isn’t Sylvie Maple. It’s good to have the crazy there, but tucked away.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Hey, I can take Maple Sylvie over Blue Ivy any day.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • All I’ll hear is Maple Syrup Bacon from now on. ;-)

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • I don’t know, but I kinda like it. But I’m partial to tree names, like Rowan and Laurel and even Magnolia, lol.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Francesca is ADORABLE!!!

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • They certainly don’t seem like the typical Hollywood couple. The bottom pic has a whiff of Walmart-Cramps to it, if you know what I mean.

    Anyway, married 11 years and still having babies is a good sign.

    Maple will become Mapes soon enough.

    Report this comment as spam or abuse

  • Leave a Reply Celebitchy aims to be a friendly, welcoming site where people can discuss entertainment stories and current events in a lighthearted, safe environment without fear of harassment, excessive negativity, or bullying. Different opinions, backgrounds, ages, and nationalities are welcome here - hatred and bigotry are not. If you make racist or bigoted remarks, comment under multiple names, or wish death on anyone you will be banned. There are no second chances if you violate one of these basic rules.

    By commenting you agree to our comment policy

    Use the "Report this comment as spam or abuse" link to ask the moderators to delete a comment if it's offensive. If your comment disappears, it may have been eaten by the spam filter. Please e-mail cbcomments at gmail.com to get it retrieved.

    Get an icon next to your name by signing up for a free Gravatar



    Powered By WizardRSS.com | Full Text RSS Feed | Amazon Affiliate | Android Games | Wordpress Tutorials

    No comments:

    Post a Comment