Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News - Your source for latest celebrity scandals, Hollywood gossip, Celebrity News, celebrity photos, entertainment news, movies and videos of your favorite stars and celebrities.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cissy Houston on Daughter's Death: Nothing I Could Do


For the first time since the death of her daughter, Cissy Houston has spoken out.

In an interview that will air Monday on New Jersey's My9's 10 O'Clock News, Cissy Houston says she still has her "moments" of mourning since Whitney passed away in February.

"I'm not there yet. I don't think I'm any more courageous than anyone else. I am a true believer in God, if I could bring her back I would, but that's not possible."

Cissy Houston Picture

News broke yesterday that cocaine was found in Whitney's hotel room, following coroner confirmation that the singer died with that drug in her system.

The artist's substance abuse problems have been well documented, of course, but Cissy says she can't hold herself responsible for these issues, not after so many years of attempting to intervene.

"I know I did the best I could," she says. "I don’t blame myself. I know I did the best I could for everything."

While avoiding any public statements until now, Cissy has reportedly been critical of her former son-in-law, Bobby Brown, and has been looking over her granddaughter, Bobbi Kristina. She's now the most direct link Cissy has to Whitney.

"I'm very proud of my daughter," she says in the interview. "She accomplished a whole lot in the short time that she had here... she was a very wonderful person."

No comments:

Post a Comment